Saturday 7 August 2010

Book Found

This will just be a short post as I still have many things left to do.

I found my backgammon book. Unfortunately, I can't give even a good story of how I found lying in the gutter. It had managed to get hidden in the bag in which I had first looked. Hmm..., I think I won't do well in events needing observational skills.

I went to my gym to ask if they had found "a backgammon book"

The lad behind the desk looked at me oddly. And earnestly said "Isn't backgammon a kind of ham."
(Sigh)

I guess the board games world has a way to go yet in recognition.

It makes my new dentist who on Wednesday had said: "Isn't there some Russian who plays chess?" upon spying the aforemention backgammon book.

He followed it up with "I think he played some computer"

This was referring to Gary Kasparov and deep blue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment